What's better than those convenient baby food pouches? A reusable pouch!
I'd like to introduce you to the Squishy Snak Pak. It is a reusable food pouch you fill from the bottom. It is made from BPA free materials and features a heavy duty zip closure. It is dishwasher safe, so you can wash and reuse over and over. It was created by a stay-at-home mom, you know what they say, necessity is the mother on invention!
If you use those food pouches you know it can get quite expensive, and after one use I always felt guilty throwing them away. After putting the Squishy Snak Pak to the test, not only does it get my "mommy approved" but it gets a "kids approved" because my 19 month old son loved them, too!
|You can see here the zip closure. No leaks!|
Why you should get it
- It's eco-friendly. It is the no waste counterpart to sending all those pouches to the landfill!
- Easy on your pocket. You will get your money's worth after only a handful of uses
- Dishwasher safe. No special cleaning, or different parts to assemble makes it easy to use
- You are in charge of what your little ones eat. That means fresh and organic fruits and veggies and countless of combinations, no preservatives and no pouches that have been sitting on the shelf for who knows how long
- Convenient for small and older children. Not just an on-the-go snack for babies, it's perfect for school age children, you can send them to school with a healthy snack!
Why you should think twice before purchasing them
- The cap can be easily misplaced since it's not attached to it
- Although it has a clear window on the back the "fill line" is on the front side
And those two, in my opinion, are not reason enough not to get them. I'm forever a Squishy Snak Pak girl! Here are a couple of my son's favorite recipes. Enjoy!
|One happy client! I'm not a photographer and I don't have a professional camera, and this picture shows it but I wanted to show how happy my boy was with his Squishy Snak Pak!|
Berry Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic strawberries
- 1 organic kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 cup of organic kale, washed and deveined
- 1 tsp of 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of organic full fat greek yogurt
Put all ingredients into a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth. It'll yield enough to fill two Squishy Snak Pak and some for you!
Baby Sweet Potato Pie
- 1/4 cup of steamed organic apples
- 1/4 cup of steamed organic sweet potatoes
- A dash of ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
Once apples and sweet potatoes are steamed until tender, let them cool off a bit. Put them in the blender, add the cinnamon and nutmeg, blend at low speed until combined and to desired texture. These proportions will yield enough for about three Squishy Snak Pak, you can increase the amounts of both recipes to freeze.
Tips and notes:
- Although the Squishy Snak Pak is dishwasher safe, I found that a quick wash with warm soapy water is enough and in fact more convenient, it didn't come out completely clean from the dishwasher at times.
- Fill to just below the fill line when closing or it will overflow leaving a bit of a mess behind
- If possible use a small funnel to fill, although a spoon would do fine, I found a funnel was the no-mess and quickest way to fill.
Now onto the fun stuff! Our sponsor is giving away a set of 2 Squishy Snak Pak to one lucky reader. The contest will run for one week and the winner will be announced next Wednesday on this same post. Thanks for playing and good luck!
The winner is Heather S. Please email me you address to claim your two Squishy Snak Pak!!!!
Update 1/26/13: Ginger G. Your name was selected by Rafflecopter since the first winner failed to claim her prize. Congratulations!
a Rafflecopter giveaway