Sure a can of pumpkin puree seems like the more convenient thing. The problem with that is cans are linned with BPA; which can cause from low sperm count, early puberty, obesity, to even cancer (source). Plus, once you've had homemade pure pumpkin puree you will never want to have canned again.
And making your own homemade pumpkin puree couldn't be any easier.
What you'll need
- 1 organic pie pumpkin
- A baking dish
- Food processor or blender (I like this one)
Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- 1 organic pumpkin puree
|Your pumpkin will look like this after baking it|
- Preheat over to 400
- Run pumpkin under cool water or use one of these veggie washes
- Place pumpkin in a small baking dish
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on size
- Remove from over and let it cool off on counter for a few minutes
- Cut pumpkin in half
- With a spoon scoop seeds out
- Scoop flesh out and place in a food processor or blender ( I use this one)
- If you want a smoother texture add a tbs or two of water.
Powered by Recipage
Now you have pure homemade pumpkin puree for whatever recipe you need. You can save the pumpkins and make roasted pumpkin seeds for granola, add them to smoothies, or add them to these raw energy balls.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Read full disclosure here.