- The main ingredient is alcohol or triclosan
- They contain other yucky, not-good-for-you chemicals
- Clinical studies show they are not any more effective than plain old water and soap*
- They kill beneficial bacteria*
- They strip our hands or natural oils*
Homemade Natural Sanitizer Spray
– 2 tbs pure aloe vera. Gel or liquid, but make sure it is 100% pure
– 2 tbs witch hazel. Commercially prepared is OK just try to find without alcohol
– 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar. I used Bragg’s raw and organic
– 15 drops or 100% pure lavender essential oil
– 5 drops of 100% pure tea tree essential oil
Mix all ingredients together and with a small funnel transfer into a small spray bottle. Shake well, and you’re done!
Note and tips:
- Tea tree oil although highly effective an antibacterial agent, the smell is very strong and not many like it. Just the lavender essential oil will do, but you can add any other you like, or not.
- If you are wondering if your hands will smell like vinegar, don’t worry, the lavender essential oil will mask the smell.
- If you have pure vitamin E, you could add a few drops. It will act as a moisturizing agent and as a natural preservative.
- These proportions resulted in about 1.5 oz. increase evenly as needed.
- If you prefer a gel, just buy aloe vera gel and a 1:5 gel to witch hazel ratio for the consistency to remain.
- You could get the spray bottle at the trail size aisle at any story.
*Based on a clinical study done by Perdu University.